Okra, also known as bhindi, is a well-known veggie yet a bit underrated too. Reason is its slimy texture but once cooked it tastes delicious and is a famous superfood. Okra prepared with cashew nuts makes a luxurious dish that not only tastes rich but is pretty good for your health too.
Sauteed okra with roasted cashew nuts gives the dish a crunch and spices like pepper, lemon zest, and garlic paste make for the perfect flavorful kick. This dish pairs well with roti, garlic or plain rice, and even some quinoa.
Cashews are superior to other nuts and the fact that they are a healthy fat source, adds a great crunchy texture to any dish along with rich flavor – Okra with cashew nuts is definitely going to be a delicious experience.
How to prepare Okra with Cashew Nuts
Making Okra with Cashew nuts is simple even for someone new to cooking. What you’re going to need is;
- Okra 3 cups
- Roasted cashew nuts ⅓ cups
- Almond oil 1 tsp
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped up
- 1 lime or lemon zest
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- First things first, make sure that you roast your cashews until golden brown separately and cut off both ends of okra.
- Take a large frying pan and add almond oil to it.
- Now add okra, salt, and pepper and stir fry them in the frying pan on high heat. It should take about 10 mins until the okra is tender and golden brown.
- Now add the chopped-up garlic and stir-fry the entire mixture on low heat for 3 mins.
- Add the cashews and lime or lemon zest to the pan during those 3 mins too.
And there you have it, Okra sauteed with cashews ready to eat in almost no time.
Now that you know how easy it is to make this dish, all you have to do is head to Shana Foods and pick your favorite Okra for some delicious DIY Okra with cashew nuts!
Recipe creation by: instagram.com/afoodexpedition